Quick links to detailed datasheets for Taiwan
Data sourced: 2023. Page updated: 2023-05-17
Adult current e-cigarette vaping prevalence:
Adult current e-cigarette vaping prevalence (female):
Adult current e-cigarette vaping prevalence (male):
Ever tried e-cigarette vaping:
Number of current vapers:
- Ministry of Health and Welfare’s Health Promotion Administration (HPA), Jul. 2021
- Chen, Y.L., et al. (2018) E-Cigarette use in a country with prevalent tobacco smoking: A population based study in Taiwan. Journal of Epidemiology, 2018. doi: 10.2188/jea.JE20170300. [Epub ahead of print].
- 1. Ministry of Health and Welfare’s Health Promotion Administration (HPA), Jul. 2021 2. Calculation based on population size data of people over 15 years of age (16+). Source of population data: World Population Prospects 2019 [Internet]. United Nations; 2019. (Department of Economic and Social Affairs, editor. Population Division). Report No.: Rev. 1. Available from: https://population.un.org/wpp/Download/Standard/Population/
- Data is from the National survey of substance use in Taiwan 2014. Current = past year use, Ever tried = lifetime use.
- Taiwan’s Tobacco Hazards Prevention Act. https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=L0070021
- Liao, G. (2023, March 22). Vaping now illegal in Taiwan, punishable by NT$10,000 fine. Taiwan News. https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4843474
The GSTHR database is updated regularly by our team. However, please be aware that the information we provide does not constitute legal advice. We cannot guarantee that the information is up to date or accurate, as the regulatory status of different product categories can change at short notice and with little publicity. If you wish to check the legal status of use or possession of any safer nicotine product in a specific country or region, you should verify the information independently. If you have reason to think that the information supplied on the GSTHR is inaccurate, please contact us with details and any references and we will rectify any errors.